List to Table

Topics: General, Writing modules
Jun 25, 2012 at 4:31 AM

I have created my own content type but i am struggling to convert the List  to a table 

which is contains UL but i need to convert into a simple  table 

But unable to do , Pleas help 

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Instead of using the List module (as I assume you;re doing), you should consider using the Projections module (the List module has been deprecated). It allows you to specify different layouts (as well as creating custom ones). It also allows you to take advantage of using shape alternates. In short, everything tht you want to customize in a list is there.

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Thank you very much it really help me discover a new dimension to orchard , but still i am stuck at one point,

Can you please point me some resources which help me to create my own layouts in the queries module

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM

No problem. The only resource I know of right now is this excellent introduction to Projections from David Hayden: Start there, then dive into the Projections module source code to see how it all ticks.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:59 AM

You should be able to create a new Query (using the admin) and add a Layout to it. There are currently two layouts available out of the box: Html Lits and Grid (which uses a html table).

Jun 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM

see the module : and it's dependency :

which includes already a table shape layout for the projections module. It's also possible to use only the custom shapes module to display a table instead of a list from a controller action.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM

thanks a ton guys it is really helping me to understand   how beautiful orchard is  and i am loving it

Oct 15, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Hey guys, what is the most recent version of documentation or tutorial to accomplish creating a new custom layout? I tried using David Haydens example but that wasn't doing anything for me. I think that the contribprojections part is already included in 1.7.1 already?
How do I build a custom layout which I can select in my layouts?
Oct 26, 2013 at 8:21 AM