Jun 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2012 at 2:09 PM
I have other questions concerning persistence of my data. A number of my content types contain a base field set + set of admin added custom fields. I understand that all fields will be stored in XML columns in my DB.
My application should have advanced reporting capabilities so my concern is about performance of XML parsing.
1. Is there any noticeable performance difference in quering database columns and parsing (projecting) fields from XML?
2. Is it possible to store a base field set as a set of separate database columns and custom fields as XML column?
3. Is it worth to do that separation from performance point of view?
4. And is it feasible to combine a query to database columns and burried inside XML fields in one report query?
5. Are there any considerations about content type (part) size. Is it better to wrap all custom fields into one content part or wrap a custom field per content part?
6. I want a user wouldn't be able to delete fields from a base field set but probably could modify some of them. How to archive that fine control?
Thanks in advance