Permissions question

Topics: General
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Here's my scenario:

I have specified Allow permissions for each of the options in the Orchard.Blogs Feature, including Publish or unpublish own blog post & Publish or unpublish blog post for others. Even with this I couldn't publish or unpublish blog posts.

This work item came up when I googled it so I thought that I had to Allow permissions to publish on the Contents feature. This worked in that I now had permission to publish or unpublish blog posts however I also now see the projection menu item because it has effective permissions that have come from the Contents feature.

Can someone please explain how permissions work? I've read this but it doesn't seem up to date.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Are you sure you modified the permissions on a role that the user account you are using is assigned to ?

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Yes. I was refreshing the page and seeing the menu options change depending on my changes to the permissions for the role.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Please file a bug with a repro then, something like creating a new role, with a user in this role, adding the correct permissions and not being able to see the menu items.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Done - . Thanks