Error : Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.

Topics: Installing Orchard
Jun 9, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Hi there,

having major issues installing Orchard 1.4.2 .... THis is not an upgrade but a new install, it worked before on a version previous to 1.4.2  but now i get the following error

Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.

Actually before that i got the following error that i have managed to fix by giving FULL CONTROL to IUSR on the bin directory

Setup failed: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Data.ISessionLocator, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.ICommandInterpreter], Orchard.Data.ISessionFactoryHolder, Orchard.Reports.Services.IReportsCoordinator)' on type 'DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter'.

I would really appreciate any comments or help anyone has.

With regards to permissions i can't anywhere a list of permissions that are needed so i gave FULL CONTROL to the following.

APP_DATA

BIN

THEMES

MODULES

Actually there was a hint at giving permissions to the MODULES and THEMES directories on orchard website but NO MENTION at all to the bin and app_data.

Look forward to any info

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Did you check that the app pool was configured for asp.net 4.0?

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Thanks for the reply, after uninstalling and reinstalling using the zip i managed to get it working. In the end i gave full control not just MODIFY to

BIN

APP_DATA

THEMES

MODULES

I don't know if thats correct but it seems to be working

Thanks