Anonymous users

Topics: Core, Troubleshooting
Jun 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I just updated my subscription to the latest version of the 1.x branch, and since I've done so, anonymous access to my site has been disabled (i.e., you have to login before you can access any of the pages). Is there some obvious setting I've missed somewhere?

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

We haven't done the migration code yet, and I think you will need to go to Users -> Roles -> Anonymous and check View Content Item.

This is a new permission which is used to manage who can view anything in the website, per content type and per content item.

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hmmm . . . for the "Anonymous" role I've checked "Allow" for all the following permissions:

View Page by others
View own Page
View Projection by others
View own Projection
View Contact Page by others
View own Contact Page
View all content
View own content

(I don't see "View Content Item", but I assume that's covered under "View all content".)

But I'm still getting "Access Denied" when I try to open my home page without being logged in.

Anything else to try before I go digging down into the code?

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I just pushed a fix to the Roles module, can you try it ?

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Whoops. I found the problem, and it was on my side. Some time ago, I'd implemented my own IAuthorizationService (I'd almost forgotten about it), and the bug was in there: it didn't know how to deal with the new "ViewContent" permission. My apologies, Sebastien - but thanks very much for the help.