Orchard.Comments 1.4.1 not shown on hosting

Topics: Troubleshooting
May 9, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Hi, I have problem with Orchard.Comments module.

I prepared whole environment of Orchard 1.4.1 extracted from zip file on my local machine (Windows 7, IIS, built in data store). The posts was imported into Orchard through BlogML Import 1.0 with comments and all is showing properly. All worked fine locally so I moved it to my hosting.

On hosting I have a problem that the comments by the posts is not shown - Comments module is enabled and also the Comments menu is not shown in Dashboard.

There is now record in Logs (log file is empty). Folders are set with permissions to Write.

Do you have any thought where should be a problem or what I'm missing?

May 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Please explain how you moved it to the host.

If the module is enabled but doesn't show in the menu, you must have something like a build error, so you should have something in logs. I would do a comparison of the contents of the module's folder between local and remote using a tool like BeyondCompare. My guess is that you're missing files.

May 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I am noticing this as well. After I copied all of the 1.4.1 files on top of my 1.4.0 version of Orchard I lost the Comments from the Admin Dashboard and from any content type such as Blogs.

May 11, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Just tried locally an Comments are working fine for me. Could you send us a copy of the whole Comment module files you have on your server, I could try to point the discrepancies.

May 11, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Sure, where can I email the zip to?

May 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

dropbox, skydrive, whatever, and you can paste the link here.

May 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM

May 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Thank you, got it. You have a [assembly:SecurityRules(SecurityRuleSet.Level2)] declaration in the AssemblyInfo.cs, you should remove it. And I confirm it's an issue from my side, I must have missed it when I removed them in 1.4.1, for VS.NET 2011 Beta compatibility. I will fix it and release with 1.4.2 very soon.

May 11, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You guys rock! So good at getting back to people. Thanks again.