Bootstrap theme and Tags view

Topics: Troubleshooting, Writing themes
May 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Edited May 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Hey All,

Forewarning - I'm new to Orchard but I get MVC for the most part so if anyone can point me in the right direction on what I need to do to fix this issue that would be most helpful.

I am using the Bootstrap theme. The problem I encounter is that the Tags page (/Tags/MyTagName) appears blank. The branding and everything is there and a search bar shows up but no content otherwise.

Bootstrap has customized the Search.cshtml view which I have a feeling is overriding the Orchard.Tags Search.cshtml view as well because that search bar is defined in Bootstraps Search.cshtml file. 

Does anyone have any insight on what I need to do to get these things working harmoniously? 

Thanks!

May 10, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Edited May 10, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I also encountered the same problem, with Bootstrap theme,beginning of the tag can be used, but a few hours after the tag is a blank page!

If I change to the default theme, the problem does not exist, and then switch back to  Bootstrap theme, the problem does not exist, but over a period of time after the emergence of the problem.

Looks like a really Search.cshtml,But I have not figured out a good way!


Jun 17, 2012 at 3:31 PM

same issue here, anyone found a solution yet?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I took a look at the source code for this theme here http://orchardbootstrap.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets and it seem the last two changes were about fixing this issue. Maybe you should get the theme from there, and ask Philip to update the module on the gallery.

Jun 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

changing the name of search.cshtml to searchbox.cshtml (and its correponding usages in the bootstrapper theme's csproj file and layout.cshtml) fixed the issue for me :-)

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:03 AM

That's my bad...I fixed the issue in the source code, but I haven't built a new module for it yet. I wanted to update the Bootstrap files to v2.0.4 before I did that and I just haven't had time lately.

The problem was indeed that I was overriding the default Search shape and just had to rename the shape in the Theme and then the reference to it in Layout.cshtml.