how to upgradeto 1.4 with records of 6000 record ?

Topics: Core, General, Installing Orchard
Apr 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I have upgraded my site to 1.4 when i get to records near 6000 record it gives me  time out error 
Is there any method for upgrading to 1.4 with big records ?? 

Apr 29, 2012 at 9:04 PM

6000 is not a lot in fact. What is timing out? The database or the web server?

Apr 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Transaction Timeout

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.TimeoutException: Transaction Timeout

Source Error: 

Line 85: 
Line 86:         public virtual T Get(int id) {
Line 87:             return Session.Get<T>(id);
Line 88:         }
Line 89: 

Source File: D:\Orchard\Orchard.OM.1.4\src\Orchard\Data\Repository.cs    Line: 87 

Apr 30, 2012 at 9:00 AM

I know it's not a lot and gives me timeout exception .

I have another content types have more than 17,000 record what am i do in this situations .

and that leeds me to another question : Is Orchard cms made for small size business only ?

- example for that is the projection module its a great module by the way but 

- it doesnt query old data before 1.4 also it duplicates another data in new projection_record table for each type of fields that created on 1.4 like [Orchard_Projections_StringFieldIndexRecord] or [Orchard_Projections_IntegerFieldIndexRecord]  wherease that data copied also in contentitem_record table.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

No, it's not made for small business only. Please file a bug for the import problem.

I'm not sure what you mean about old data and projection. Can you elaborate?

Projection does create indices for fields, yes. Do you have a question about that?

May 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM

when enabling projector the module does'nt handle content types data that exists before I enable the module coz it was in contentItem_record table 

May 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I've never seen this behavior, and I've added projector to a number of existing sites. Do you have repro steps for that?