Adding modules and widgets

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Apr 28, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Hi, I have downloaded the contact form module and want to insert this on my page. Im only having one page on my site and have selected a theme. I installed the twitter feed widget no problem. I would like to install the contact form in a lower far right position known as 'triplethird' - i think this is a zone. From the modules tab it tells me the contact form has been installed however I cannot seem to assign it. It does not appear in my widgets list. As Im new to this I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology to describe the various elements of orchard. Can anyone help me please?

sola

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM

It probably depends on which contact form module you installed (there are a few) but it may be that the contact form is not a widget but a full content item. Do you see anything under "New" in the admin?

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hi, no I dont see anything in new in new. The contact form is 'cyberstride contacts'

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I can see it in the modules page but it says 'missing orchard.messaging'

Coordinator
Apr 28, 2012 at 8:26 PM

That's what I use and it adds "Contact Page" under new. Did you enable the module? Did you install and enable "Orchard.Messaging"?

Apr 28, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Hi bert,

I did a search for orchard.messaging' in modules but no results were returned.

sola

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2012 at 1:11 AM

That's weird. https://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Orchard.Messaging