How to make Projection item URLs friendly?

Topics: General
Apr 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Hey guys, I’ve got a few projections that lists some projects/members etc. - the Url being for projects projection = ‘~/test/projects’. Though when I click on the individual project links in the projection, their Url’s are ‘~/test/Contents/Item/Display/26’; how can I make the url more friendly, as in, ‘~/test/projects/[26 or actual project name]’. Thanks in anticipation, cheers Red.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

This has nothing to do with projector: if your project links had proper routes or autoroutes configured, that would just get picked up, by projector or anything else that respects conventions.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Sorry bertrandleroy, I had added autoroute to my contenttype, but didn’t receive the route I wanted [hence the question], but upon your answer I looked into it further and found that I had to select the ‘automatically regenerate when editing…’ check box and fake edit my projects to get the friendly url; so cheers, one step closer.

However, my content type can be displayed as one of two scenarios: a ‘future’ project and a ‘completed’ project, hence, I have two projections ‘future’ and ‘completed’. How would I go about creating a custom pattern to display such in autoroute i.e.  '~/future/project-one' and say ~/completed/project-ten'? Thanks for your assistance, Red

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

What do you mean "receive"? You can edit it manually. If you delete it, it will get regenerated from the pattern when you publish.