Multitenancy on Azure with more than one Cores

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Topology: 

Azure deployment of any size with more than one cores.

Problem:

When I try to create a new tenant, the site folder is created only on the core that I am running on. I checked the folders with Remote Desktop and only one CPU has the new Site folders.

After that we can create the new site of course, but whenever Azure connects me to a cpu without the new site, Orchard asks me to create my site again. After I do the initialization process with all cores, everything is ok. The only problem is that Orchard "cooks" more than once and my database is full of duplicates.

Shouldn't sites other than Default reside at storage accounts?

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 8:42 PM

They should. Something is wrong in your configuration. Maybe you deployed a package that wasn't built for Azure.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You should open a bug for that. In the meantime, I would suggest to restart the web role whenever you create a new tenant. When a tenant is created, it doesn't warn all web instances because there is no cross node communication right now.

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM

@bertrandleroy the package is for Azure and the settings file exists inside the storage account. The problem is with the new site folder that is created under the App_Data folder at the CPU. It does not propagate to other servers.

@sebastienros when I create the new tenant, if I restart the web role before setting my new site, the changes propagate to other servers also. This seems to fix the problem.