Apr 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I have started to like Orchard and am trying to use it for a website. The first time I worked via WEB matrix and made changes and uploaded the code it all worked on the production environment. This was Orchard 1.3
Now I like to work in VS 10 so this time:
1) I downloaded the bits and opened the Solution in VS 2010 on my local machine
2) I am able to compile and build and make changes as I like
3) I downloaded new modules and Themes and customized the website and it all works on my local just fine.
4) I put the SQL database at the hosting company. Is this case it is Arvixe. I have other ASP.net projects hosted there and there are no issues
5) Typically in VS 2010 I do a release build and then PUBLISH directly to the hosting company. Or I "Build deployment package" and copy the bits via FTP to the server.
6) For this project the project builds and I can see it all fine on local.. BUT PUBLISH and "Build deployment package" result in a PUBLISH FAIL with no error messages.
Here is the question. Are there clear instructions anywhere on what needs to be done if we want to use VS 10 to Publish the project, which files to copy, what settings to check and how to create the package?
I copied the entire Orchard.web project to the hoster... it was a big upload and I am sure all the files in individual BIN folders in Modules are not needed. BUT I did it and it still fails.
It gives me error "Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b44e1d426115821' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."
What am I doing wrong? The website is currently offline, But I need to have that up soon. Please give me some guidance on the proper protocol to publish a 1.4 version from VS 2010.
Another variable is that I am on a 64 bit machine... does this matter?