Email Messaging

Topics: General
Apr 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I have found that the email sent from my website (contact) arrive at their destination, but empty.

In addition, the button "Contact Request" administration panel, I returned the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<CyberStride.Contacts.ViewModels.ContactRequestListViewModel>' does not contain a definition for 'DateTime' and no extension method 'DateTime' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<CyberStride.Contacts.ViewModels.ContactRequestListViewModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 24:         <tr>
Line 25:             <td>@Html.ActionLink("Details", "details", new { controller = "admin", area = "CyberStride.Contacts", id = contact.Id })</td>
Line 26:             <td>@Html.DateTime(contact.ContactDateUtc.GetValueOrDefault())</td>
Line 27:             <td>@contact.Name</td>
Line 28:             <td>@contact.Topic</td>

Source File: \\hmfsw\web\dtc008\pierdapesodeinmediato.com\public_html\Modules\CyberStride.Contacts\Views\Admin\index.cshtml    Line: 26 

Perhaps the two errors are related?
Can be solved without touching the code?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 11, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Yes, they are obviously related. That module doesn't work with the latest versions of Orchard and their authors do not answer messages or take pull requests. There are forks in their repository by other people that do work though.

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Thanks for responding.

Can I disable that and install another module directly from the Web (online)?
Which module do you advise?

- They should put a note in the gallery to indicate which are compatible.

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You can simply delete the module's folder. One module that works but that requires some setup is the new custom forms module (http://orchardcustomforms.codeplex.com)

Sep 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

You can simple modify this line to:

<td>@contact.ContactDateUtc.GetValueOrDefault()</td>

This does work for me!

Thx,