Using different pictures on different pages in Aside First

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Apr 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2012 at 3:16 PM

My orchard site is having now a logo and a different picture every month in th header zone and is looking fantastic. User input is now made and soon we will go live. We still have a small Question:

Based upon what page I am I want to publish different pictures in the Aside First zone.

Is this doable ? And how would you advice to do that (based upon Navigation ??)

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Sure is possible. Do you want to set the picture manually for each page or base it on some other criterion?

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Based upon the page where the user is, i like to have a couple of small pictures in the Aside First zon.

The pictures are the same everytime this page is presented, but every now and then these pictures might be changed.

What do you mean by other criterion?

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

"based upon the page where the user is": that is not enough details. Do you want to set that up in the page's editor or do you want the image to be automatically selected on some other criterion?

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM

With the editor looks the best way, since the user wants to do it herself.

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

You could build them a custom part for that, and have its shape sent to the right zone following this technique: http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2011/03/26/dispatching-orchard-shapes-to-arbitrary-zones.aspx

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I will try this, looks good. thanks for pointing out this. Great program anyway !!