Disabling feeds causes exception

Topics: Administration, General, Troubleshooting
Apr 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM

I've configured a new blog & site using Orchard 1.4, importing old blog entries via BlogML and setting the blog as the home page. I couldn't get RSS feeds for the blog to appear, nor could I work out what the default url/route should be for the feed, so on impulse (a bad one as it turned out), I thought I'd disable the Feeds module, then re-enable it. However, upon disabling it, the site stops working completely; all requests generate an exception, with the stack trace shown below.

This is obviously an issue (new item created - http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/18611), but is there a quick way to get the site back up and running? The command line tool doesn't work either, giving similar autofac exceptions.  If I can re-enable it via editing the database manually if that's possible, although I'm using SQL Compact so can't directly edit this (or can I - can you attach compact databases to full SQL? If not, I'd be happy to convert it to full SQL Server if I know how)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

OK, I've solved this by the long route. Creating two new Orchard installs, disabling Feeds in one and diffing them. For anyone else, the setting is in App_Data\cache.dat, and I just added Feeds back in and the site works again once more. It's still obviously a bug, but at least I'm back working again.

Coordinator
Apr 7, 2012 at 6:07 AM

You could have deleted cache.dat altogether.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Really? Darn, I wish I'd know that, although a quick search (as I've just done) could have lent me to a solution quicker.

I'm a complete noob at Orchard.