Installed in network folder!!

Topics: Installing Orchard
Mar 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Hi all

I'm completely new to WM and Orchard but I installed using the web PI and the installer has placed IIS Express and My Web Sites etc in 'My Documents', but unfortunately my 'My Docs..' is on a network drive not my local PC!

Now when I try to run the orchard site in the browser in crashes WM and errors appear in the browser.

Is there a way to redirect everything that points to the network drive to my local C drive?

Cheers in anticipaton.

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I don't have an easy way in mind, but if you have the time, you could mess with JauntePE and try to run WM in a 'vm'.

JauntePE allows you to override some defaults, like you can redirect every request to 'My Doc..' to another folder.

I think if you run WM using JauntePE, you can work around the problem, but if you go forward with JauntePE, be aware that it'll most likely take some time to configure it correctly ;)

If you do, I suggest uploading your JauntePE configuration so that other people with the same issue can work around it :)

You can find the new site @ and the old site @

edit: If you wonder, this is the tool that most people use to make 'portable' apps

Mar 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Many thanks for the suggestion but that sounds way above my technical comfort zone :)

I would have thought you could specify the target directory for IIS and MyWebSites during the WM install process but it appears not which seems very odd!

I found you can change the default directory for MyWebSites so I just need to figure a way to reinstal IIS in a different directory then get Orchard/WM to find it.

I'm thinking to unistall the lot then try a separate install of IIS Express then reinstall WM to see if it recognises the IISe location. I'll update after this attempt.