Setup failed on 1.4 with error invoking the constructor .... DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Mar 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Hi there,

I have an issue installing 1.4, i have installed in on a shared hosting site, its a new install. I have 1.3 installed but as i had done nothing to it, i removed it and uploaded the 1.4. 

I choose SQL CE...  but the following error is displayed in RED

Setup failed: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Environment.Configuration.ShellSettings, Orchard.Data.ISessionLocator, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Orchard.Data.Migration.Interpreters.ICommandInterpreter], Orchard.Data.ISessionFactoryHolder, Orchard.Reports.Services.IReportsCoordinator)' on type 'DefaultDataMigrationInterpreter'.

My shared hosting environment worked before on 1.3.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I had the same errror, I changed my Virtual Directory Access permissions on the bin forder:

Plesk IIS WP User (IWAM_plesk(default)) = Full Control

The hosting is done through Plesk.

Now I get:

Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed.

Still working on this one....

May 10, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Edit the permission (on the right hand side pane of IIS 7) of the website your application is running under, and give the IIS_USER full control