User Content Item gone

Topics: Core, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Mar 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I have a website with arround 60 registered users. but sometimes the content item of these users are gone and not anymore enlisted in the users list in the backend? The userpart still exists with the correct userid but the belonging content item is gone. does anybody know how this could happen? Because this is a big problem!

I also see that some [ContentItemRecord_id] collumns are null in the [Orchard_Framework_ContentItemVersionRecord] table. I think something has made them null but don't know how!

i still run 1.3 btw.

Mar 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Does anybody has a clue how this could be happening? Because this is quiet a big problem for us! Is this is something known to v1.3?

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Yes I have seen this... We put this now to data corruption, and never were sure of the cause.

@Bertrand remember we noticed this when we were looking at certain issues early on with one of the sites we were looking at?

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Yes, but I have no clue about what could be causing it.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Ok nice to know it's a "known" bug. Has anyone seen this happening on a v1.4 instance?

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Now i also see that not only users disappear but also content items? has someone a clue? Could it be something to do with the db second level caching module?

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Ok. This module has some known issues. We have seen the Settings being deleted in the past. You'd better use the Cache module.

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:12 AM

ok thanks for clearing this out. Unfortunately using the cache module is almost not an option because almost all pages are for authenticated users only.