Webmatrix ecommerce helpers?

Topics: Administration, Writing modules
Mar 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM

There is some kind of new add-in thing in Webmatrix for "helpers", and I noticed that there is already a PayPal helper as well as one for Amazon Checkout (I saw that there's already an Orchard module).  If we get other payment processor helper add-ins too, can we utilize these as the go-to standard for payment processor API access from within ecommerce solutions built on Orchard?  The ecommerce situation with Orchard is pretty weak at the moment (I realize that Sipke is working hard on getting a baseline module done), so using these prebuilt, reusable helpers might be a way to get solutions completed a lot sooner.  Having easier choices for payment processors by way of a plug-in system exclusively designated to that functionality, without requiring URL rewrites for each product and such, would be ideal.

Coordinator
Mar 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Those helpers may or may not work in Orchard, but if they do it would probably require a fair bit of integration work. Please take a look at Nwazet.Commerce, which is loosely based on Sipke's work and includes Google Checkout payment and extensibility points for other payment methods. The module is used in production on http://nwazet.com.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Hi Bertrand!

Ya, I was aware of your implementation. I wondered how complicated it would be to integrate another payment processor because I figured you did a fair bit of custom work to get Google Checkout in there since Sipke hasn’t finished his writeup on his blog. I’ll take another look.

Thanks

Sent: March-05-12 6:01 PM
To: joe_raby@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Webmatrix ecommerce helpers? [orchard:347408]

Those helpers may or may not work in Orchard, but if they do it would probably require a fair bit of integration work. Please take a look at Nwazet.Commerce, which is loosely based on Sipke's work and includes Google Checkout payment and extensibility points for other payment methods. The module is used in production on http://nwazet.com.

Developer
Mar 6, 2012 at 12:51 AM

The nice thing about Nwazet.Commerce is that every aspect is implemented as a feature. Right now Bertrand implemented Google Checkout as a feature, and in the same way PayPal will be implemented as a feature. As soon as I find the time to continue the blog, we will see how to make the checkout procedure payment processor agnostic, while the admin user can enable and configure each payment methods from the backend (too be honest, I'm simply going to have a peek at Bertrand's code to see how he's done it :)