Position individual fields next to eachother

Topics: Writing modules
Feb 17, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Suppose if I create a content type with 2 text fields and I would like to show them on the Details page not under eachother but next to eachother. In plain HTML I would create a list of these two items and position then next to eachother using css.

However, in this case I'm able to create let's say their individual <li> tags in the field view, but how would I get my containing <ul> tag around those two fields?

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

What you want exists on the 1.x branch, it's called projector. Have you studied the option to running on 1.x ?

Feb 17, 2012 at 9:51 PM

yep, I do have a branch 1.x cloned. When I ran it, I got stuck on a field issue. (no numbers where allowed in technical name and I had fields called session1, session2). After that I had an odd thing or two and then I figured that I was too far ahead on the edge of new technology. (In a couple of weeks we're starting a project for a customer and Orchard is one of the candidates I'm looking into.)

So, I have the branch but I'm not sure how reliable it is already to take the plunge. Perhaps the 1.4 (or 2.0 ;) ) is not far away and it might be there in time when we are at full development speed.

For the record, I'm happy to help out on this project by giving lots of feedback and even contribute a module or two. Just not sure about the timing...

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Please report any issues you find in 1.x. We need to know now :)

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM

ofc; just added a few :)

btw, testing the projector and it looks great. I was able to position fields next to each other by using a Layout based on properties and some css styling.

cheers