Getting status 500 in warmup module

Topics: Troubleshooting
Feb 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I have since a couple of days put up a new version of my website this time using Orchard CMS at

I noticed quickly that the host im on ( cyckles the app pool pretty often so i get the wellknown startup time so i installed the Warm Up module and configured base url and setup the pages i wanted to be cached.

So base url is set to

And paths are set to:

But when i look at the latest status it sais Status 500 on all the urls. If i click the links of the url the links work.
I have tried to see what might be wrong but cant figure it out so if anyone can help me figure it out id be thankfull :)

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Do you have stack traces for those? (you can probably find them in app_data\logs)

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:45 PM

No logs since i put the site up in that folder.

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I keep getting this message tho when i save General Settings.

"The base url you entered could not be requested from current location."

I guess that has something to do with it.

Feb 17, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yes, that is probably it. You may not be able to use the warmup module from this server, because of insufficient permissions.

Feb 17, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Some hosters also use internal proxies, and thus the url might be different, like with a specific port. Might be interesting to ask them: "from a hosted website, what is the network internal url I should use to request my own website?"

Feb 17, 2012 at 7:52 PM

That did the trick. I got a "temporary" url to use before my main domain was put up in their dns. Using that url made it work :)