[HELP] Advice for learning Orchard framework

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Feb 11, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm working on project about News website that use Orchard framework. And first goal I set is create a Article module what made by category.

I read and did almost tutorial at Document page of Orchard project website. At the moment, I'm following Orchard tutorial series (now in Part VII) at http://skywalkersoftwaredevelopment.net/blog/writing-an-orchard-webshop-module-from-scratch-part-7

I'm ASP.NET developer for two years, but is new to MVC and many other architecture.

I saw so many pattern in Orchard. For ex: repository, dependence injection, MVC, MVVM... So, I'm so confused to learn about Orchard.

Could you let me some advice about anywhere I can learn more about them? or show me knowledge that I must have to master Orchard framework.

I like Orchard so much. And thinking and doing about it day by day.

Waiting for help...Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Read code. See how others do it. Look at problems one by one, and follow the leads where they get you. Trying to fix simple bugs is also a good way to learn.

Feb 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM

I read code, and practiced with them, step by step and really thought about every problems :)

However, I want to know some extend knowledge to understand more clearly about Orchard framework.

Just try more and more :)

Thanks.

Feb 11, 2012 at 6:48 PM

There's so much in the framework, it's difficult to give advice without a more specific topic :) Your best bet is to ask about a particular feature, concept or module that you don't understand, and someone can give you an explanation or links to tutorials etc.

Feb 12, 2012 at 8:25 AM

just keep on trying and trying (read code, create own modules by changing current available modules) till you master it.