Where is the database and connection string located

Topics: General
Jan 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Hi,

I’m brand new to Orchard, I’ve just downloaded and installed the source and created a new site. I must say it was very painless, thanks and well done guys.

My question is, where is the database located, I’ve only ever used SQL Server Express for development and SQL Server in production before and only ever started projects from scratch. But in this case I’ve used the built in compact database, I think!

How is the updatable text stored if my App_Data folder is empty??? And where is my connection string?

Cheers,

Mike.

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Your App_Data folder cannot possibly be empty. Check again. the database is in app_data/sites/default. This folder contains the database file, and the settings file, which would contain the connection string if SQL CE needed one or if you used another database engine.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Thanks Bertrandleroy,

I thought that was strange. You are right, I was looking at the folder structure from VS2010 not WE. In VS2010 I have to do the good old Add – Existing Item. I don’t like the way VS2010 does that, coming from old school Dreamweaver!

Thanks again,

Mike.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:52 PM

There's a "show hidden files" icon above the solution explorer that's a bit easier.