Filtering zones and layers?

Topics: Administration
Jan 26, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Currently, if you select a layer from the drop down list the Dashboard will highlight widgets in that layer. There is a button to display only those zones with content, and mixed with layers it gets rid of empty zones fine.

But I was wondering if there is a way to do either or both of the following:

1) Is there a way to simply filter zones? Say I am working on a zone all the way at the bottom. If I edit a widget and click save I get brought back to the top, then have to scroll down to the place I was at.

2) Is there a way to filter a layout so that no other widgets appear. Occasionally widgets will be spread out over several zones (some up top on the list, some on the bottom, etc.). I know the right side of the Dashboard allows you to click to hide layouts, which is about 1/2 of what I am looking for because the zones that don't contain the layout I want to see simply appear collapsed.

I currently have about about 20 zones in my layout, and many zones have 10-20 widgets. Widgets are similar, and change some content based on the layout, so I might have 3 similar widgets that have slightly different content for 3 layers.

Using 1.3.0