Will there be a content item search bar for the dashboard?

Topics: General
Jan 25, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I've been using orchard for quite some time now and I find it tedious to go through multiple pages of content items to find what I need, I know there's the 'Show' dropdown but it still takes time to look for a certain content item.

So will there be a content item search bar for the dashboard?

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM

This has been discussed a few times, there are two main solutions on their way that I'm aware of:

- The upcoming Projections module in Orchard 1.4 will let you save custom searches onto the Admin menu. So you can create your own customised filtered search pages.

- A module I'm working on, "Lens", will provide a new search engine that will replace both front- and back-end search (i.e. the Content page).

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Actually you've given me a great idea, which is that I can include the Lens search on all pages in admin, I think this will be really handy. It's an AJAX popup search, so it'll work really nicely as a compact search bar, with more detailed filters available on Content screen.

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM

This would be a great feature. Pete, can you already save those custom searches with Projections module in the current 1.x branch? 

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I believe so, although Sebastien is the best person to ask about Projections features :)

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I have not committed those changes yet because it needs some more work to be perfect.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Thanks for the answers, I'm looking forward for those updates!