Media folder Enable Serving Static Files

Topics: Administration, Announcements, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Jan 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

hi, i want to ask about the images that are not displaying on localhost. i checked the path thay are all fix but no images are displaying any one plz tell me what is the problem with that..i alos checked the statatic contnent in Turn Windows Featured off and On. but :(

thanks in advanced

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2012 at 9:12 AM

You're missing a web.config in that folder most likely.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:46 AM

thanks for response... web.config file is already in the media folder

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 7:05 AM

ok then. Next step would be to check the requests in your browser's dev tools. Look for the status code in the response.

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:34 AM

thanks for your advise :) many thanks.

Jan 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Edited Jan 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM

another question plz advise me...i want to show AsideFirst Widget only on service page. when i add the AsideFirst widget it shown on all pages... how i show this widget only on service page or any page of them..

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Put it in a layer that is properly constrained to the URL where you want it to appear. See http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Managing-widgets

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

many many thanks bert your advise really help :)

Jan 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

hi again bert how are you? your advises are very helpful to me...i am going to ask one more question...i build a website that was running perfactly in Firfox and Crome but it is giving a problem in IE7 that i used in my machine. i think IE7 not supporting the stylesheet yet i don't know why and the localhost is not loading images too. have you any suggestion.

thanks

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Well, that's not an Orchard question. Seems like a pure CSS question. Also, it's amazingly vague.

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:22 AM

can u please advise me how i assign different Urls to Aside widget. suppose i am using this rule for services page (  url '~/services'  ). now i want to show this widget  onto about us page or any one or them...how can i do... i try to add different Urls in rule but it is not working. (  url '~/services' and url '~/aboutus'  ). i am very thankful if you advise me :) is this error in syntax.

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM

url('~/services') or url('~/aboutus')

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM

bert you are great man thanks thanks another problem solves :) :) :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:40 AM

hi again bert, is there a way to remove title and publish date currently showing on the page because i don't want these any more.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You can hide the shapes in Placement.info.

Use the Shape Tracing module to find out the name of the shape you want to hide.

Then in Placement.info:

<Place Shape_Name="-"/>

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:21 AM

hi pete, i am working on your advise. but :( :(

i put this line <Place Parts_Common_Metadata="-"/> and want to disappear the publish date and title of the page. but it not working. any suggestion. please tell me. thanks

<Placement>
  <!-- Customize where the shapes are rendered -->

<!--
  <Place Parts_Blogs_BlogArchives="Content:before"/>
  <Place Parts_Blogs_RecentBlogPosts="Content:after"/>
    <Match ContentType="Blog">
    <Match DisplayType="Summary">
      <Place Parts_Blogs_Blog_Description="Content:before"
             Parts_Blogs_Blog_BlogPostCount="Meta:3"/>
    </Match>
  </Match>
  <Match Path="/About">
    <Place Parts_Common_Metadata="-"/>
  </Match>

<Place Parts_Common_Metadata="-"/>

-->
</Placement>

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

It's inside the comment block <!-- --> so it won't work.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2012 at 8:32 AM

many many thanks pete :) it is working fine now.