Theme Machine Layout

Topics: General
Jan 3, 2012 at 12:08 AM

While working on my website, I am running into a slight problem. I am trying to move my fields to different zone for example AsideSecond and I am not able to see them. They are dissappearing from the orginal zone by they are not showing on the new zone in this case it is AsideSecond.

Please advise

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Placement only deals with local zones. AsideSecond is a global zone.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:53 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Placement only deals with local zones. AsideSecond is a global zone.

How do you find out between which zone is local or global zone. So in order to move fields to AsideSecond what I need to do.

Thanks for your reply

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM

The local zones are defined in content.cshtml, the global zones are defined in layout.cshtml.

If you want to move a shape to a global zone, you can just add it to the target zone: Layout.AsideSecond.Add(myShape).

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Can you please elaborate on this ? Where exactly I have to write this code

target zone: Layout.AsideSecond.Add(myShape)

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:01 AM

In whichever template you want. (but "target zone:" is not part of the code)

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Also, in the following article I discuss a "Zone Proxy" trick so you can use placement for global zones with some new placement syntax: (code to download at the end)

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Sorry, I am not able to understand. I am still very new into Orchards.

Here is what I want

I want to move shape "Fields_Contrib_TaxonomyField" to AsideSecond on the detail page.

Thanks for the help

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:59 PM

And we've explained how to do it. Which part is problematic?

If you can't understand our instructions, maybe you should try something different, such as a widget.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Problem is this :

I found out the shape from shape tracing which is "Fields_Contrib_TaxonomyField"

If I do this 

Layout.AsideSecond.Add(Fields_Contrib_TaxonomyField). It is not able to find the shape ?

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Fields_Contrib_TaxonomyField is not an object. You need first to have a reference to the shape in a variable and pass that into the Add call.