"Core Recipie" Versus "Default Recipie" in Orchard CMS

Topics: General
Dec 30, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Best Wishes for All the Orchard Community!

Hi Every Body!

I know from Orchard docs that Core Recipie consists of Minimum Number of Modules etc. that enable the running of the Orchard. And by  the "Blog Recipie" I understand that a further set of modules etc. is instilled in the Orchard to impart a thoroughgoing  Blogging capability to it. But what about Default Recipie"?  Is it a bridge  between the both ? Or is it designed to fulfil some special standards?

Thanking in anticipation.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:00 AM

It's what we expect most people to need if they don't specifically need just blogs or the bare minimum.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:23 PM

I have found this distinction somewhat confusing. Maybe the Default recipe could be renamed. In the future might it be an idea to provide more setup recipes, since there are now a lot more powerful features available - projections, autoroute, etc.? ... Or even have a set of checkboxes to choose multiple recipes, so 'Blog' can be a standalone component which you can either have or not, alongside other recipes.

Dec 30, 2011 at 8:02 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2011 at 8:03 PM

We want to keep it simple. The screen where you get to choose exactly what features you want or not already exists: it's the feature screen. The concept behind the setup is that it needs to remain as simple as possible and preferably on one screen with no scrollbar. We are doing that by delaying any decision that can be delayed until after setup. The recipe dropdown is already stretching this a bit.