Nested Page URLs? and

Topics: Administration, General
Dec 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM

For a number of reasons, I'd like to try and structure my site to have some high level categories and then some sub category layers under it.  Part of the reason is a custom navigation that I'd like to use the URL as a way of determining the appropriate visuals.

When trying to create pages with a "/" in the name it causes it to not link correctly.  

Any ideas?

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:57 AM

I think I got it.  I made the page content type "containable" and created a new list with the title of layer1 then created pages as part of the list with the name page1 page2 page3 the result:

If there is a better/more appropriate way to handle this, please advise.  It would also be interesting to know how I might modify the list content type to allow me to set a "default page" that would show up instead of the list summary page have it redirect to the appropriate default page.

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:04 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2011 at 6:10 AM

opps, I spoke a little too soon.  It might be that I have subpages, some of which are pages and some are a blog so I might have a link like:

In this case, since a list is a list of a single type only (as far as I know) this wouldn't work.

<EDIT NM> it appears I can have a list as long as both types (pages and blogs) in this case are listed as containable.  Nifty and no coding needed.  Now just the default page behavior that I'll look at figuring out.

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:50 AM

You'll be able to do all that and more in 1.4 thanks to the new Autoroute feature, but you might be able to also do it now using taxonomies.