How debug in msvs 2010 module

Topics: General
Dec 27, 2011 at 8:15 AM

i want debug one module project in MSVS 2010.

I tryed attach to ASP.NET process, but it isn't work.

How can it do?

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Yes it does. What happens when you try?

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Nothing, i try stop process ASP.NET App on break points, but Application still process.

May be, it's reason in i load only 1 module project in MSVS, instead of all orchard source core, modules, e.t.c. 

Can i debug only 1 module project?

Dec 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Are you sure you attached to the right process?

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I'm sure. There are only one ASP.NET process (w3wp.exe).

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:20 AM

Does your breakpoint appear as a full red disc or as an empty red circle once the debugger is attached to the process?

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Empty, i agree, it's wrong. but i don't understand what problem. May be, because Orchard compiles any module by self?

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Yeah, it means that it can't find the breakpoint in the assemblies you have loaded in the debugger. Not sure I understand what you are saying about debugging just one module, why or how you'd do that. You should be able to diagnose further by looking at the loaded assemblies window. In any case, that's hardly a problem that has anything to do with Orchard but rather a VS debugger problem.

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:25 AM

May be debugger, but i did debugging another ASP.NET project successful, using Attach to process w3wp.exe. Why debugging doesn't work with orchard module library project, i don't know.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Well, it works for pretty much everyone, so something must be different in your setup. You didn't answer my question: what do you mean when you say you are debugging just one module? You do use the full source code don't you?