Security Permission Creeped Up

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 19, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I was trying to import my old website content that used BlogEngine.net into Orchard. After I installed the BlogML plug-in and attempted to run the import wizard, weird security errors creeped up. I'm now receiving the following on the public website:

Access to the path 'E:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\App_Data\Dependencies\Markdown.dll' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6 and IIS 7, and the configured application pool identity on IIS 7.5) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

And locally in WebMatrix, I'm receiving an Http error (404.0) that provides this:

Module ManagedPipelineHandler
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler Orchard.Mvc.Routes.ShellRoute+HttpAsyncHandler
Error Code 0x00000000

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Not sure, but try to copy that dll into bin and see if it makes a difference.

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Regarding the first issue, I think it has to do with permissions. I deleted the App_Data folder on the site and I don't get the setup screen. What folders need full permissions?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 5:57 AM

app_data, media, modules and themes.