Exception adding new rule under Azure

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 19, 2011 at 1:14 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Hi,

I have been running Orchard 1.3.9 on Azure and been very happy with the result. However I decided I wanted to add a rule to email me when a new comment is posted.  But I get an exception when I click on the "Add a new rule" button (/Admin/Rules/Create).  The stack trace is:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. 
Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CreateRuleViewModel' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Source Error:

Line 28:     Line 29:     Line 30:     public class _Page_Modules_Orchard_Rules_Views_admin_Create_cshtml : Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.Razor.WebViewPage<CreateRuleViewModel> {Line 31:         Line 32: #line hidden
Source File: d:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\658c9fe4\9ba79c2e\App_Web_create.cshtml.2dd74346.f1fjjqvk.0.cs    Line: 30 

The problem is that when I try the same thing on a local development copy of Orchard,  or when running it on the Azure simulator, it works fine.  I am only getting the exception when it is running on Azure.  The Azure package was built with the "ClickToBuildAzurePackage.cmd" command.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this further. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sam

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Please file a bug.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I didn't just want to raise an issue in case it was something silly I was doing.  I have now raised workitem 18297.

Cheers

Sam