Science Project: Quanta crashes my site

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I have an issue that I posted on stack overflow - bertrand suggested I come over here and hopefully hear from someone regarding the science project: quanta module.

The installation seems to go fine until the module components are turned on in the last step, which is where it errors out complaining that it can't finish the process. 

Following from here the whole system crashes with a missing bin file error, and 4 suggestions for fixing it including making sure the appropriate library has been added to the bin directory.

Bertrand suggested I may be missing a prerequisite module, but none are stated in science project as being required.

hoping someone can help.  thanks.

Dec 14, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Hi, I'm the author of this module. There's a dedicated codeplex site for it,, which is usually the best place to ask questions ;)

About your error, you most likely need the Origami and Mechanics modules also (as the gallery description should say) - in Orchard 1.4 there will be much clearer messages about module dependencies like this, unfortunately up to Orchard 1.3 the website will just crash. If you want to get your site working again, you can just rename the Module.txt from Quanta, or remove the folder entirely until the dependencies are there.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Thanks pete, I'll plug in those modules and have a go.  Bring on Orchard 1.4.

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:23 PM

OK! we're back online. 

thanks for the info pete.  Installed fine.  But- how does one actually use quanta.  I have created a group, assigned it 'authenticated' as its parameter which saves, and have selected the page I want to limit access to, which does not save and still allows unauthenticated access.

I think that's what the instructions said to do, maybe I've followed them wrong.

thanks pete,