Displaying BlogPosts order by View Count

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Dec 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I want to display my Blog posts order by View Count.

I have used Recent Blog Posts but it displaying the posts in the order that they have been created.

I want to change the order  that they should be displayed by descending order by view count.

Can any one help me to make it possible.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:54 PM

There is a module on the gallery that counts views, by Nick Mayne. I suppose one could then build a query based on those numbers.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Once you install Nicks module, the Voting module will have the number of views. The module also comes with a Part to display it on the front-end.

Then the Voting module comes with a Widget that you can use to filtered based on stats it has, including those views count. You just need to know what is the name of the property which is used to save the views count.

Dec 9, 2011 at 6:34 AM

I have  added  Voting Widget to my News layer, Can you please clearly explain me  How can I relate this Voting module to display the Most Popular Blog posts on the top. I think it would be great if we have a Widget just like Recent Blog Posts to display Most Popular or Most Viewed Blog Posts.

In the Voting  Module,

what are the fields Count, Dimension and Content Type,Can you please clearly explain How Can I Display Most Popular or Most Viewed Blog posts on top of the List of Blog posts.