Orchard Book?

Topics: Administration, Announcements, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes
Nov 22, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Anyone know of an Orchard book that might be in the works? I'm a big fan of programming books. I look forward to a big, dense Orchard CMS book that can explain all the ins and outs of Orchard. On that note, a big thanks to all the Orchard coordinators who take time out to answer all my annoying questions.

Cheers

Oceantrain

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Actually, I'm working on a book for O'Reilly.  It won't be big or dense, but hopefully will deliver enough content to explain the most common use cases.  I'm focusing on the basics of getting up and running up to creating and packaging custom modules and themes.  I won't be digging into the Orchard codebase from the perspective of a project contributor though (just dev end-user).  If you have specific topics you'd like to see covered, definitely let me know.  It's still very early in the project...

It should be out by March if I stay on schedule.

-- John 

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Wow sounds awesome. Anything that explains Drivers and Shapes in more detail.  What classes and extension methods are involved. Also anything about how NHibernate works within Orchard would be really helpful.

I look forward to reading it!

Oceantrain

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Not a book at the moment but I'm currently creating a hands on lab for upcoming WebCamps in Belgium.

Grz, Kris.

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Cool. Is it available to the public somehow?