Adding ASPX Forms?

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Nov 18, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I LOVE WHAT I'VE SEEN WITH ORCHARD... But before migrating to Orchard, I want to see how to go about doing the following:

Previously, I'd developed an application (really, just a group of ASPX pages) to allow visitors to the site to sign up and pay for sports camps.  When people signed up, it would add records to the appropriate tables in the database AND when necessary would process credit card transactions securely with our CC Vendor.  Additionally, in the Admin interface, I could view lists of attendees coming to future camps and email lists, etc.

What is the best option for me to incorporate this capability with Orchard?  I would LOVE to have one Admin log in to add blog posts and see camp attendees, etc.  Can I have my ASPX code run from within an Orchard-hosted page?  Or would I be better suited to "Plug In" my code to a separate application within a Orchard-looking template?

Thanks so much for any input.

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Your best bet is to rewrite. WebForms don't play nice at all with Orchard. Technically you can run them with some config tweaks but you will not be able to reach any reasonable level of integration. WebForms should be considered almost as alien to Orchard as would be, say, PHP pages.

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Thanks so much for the response!

If I were to create a module allowing for me to create Camps and allow for users to sign up for these camps... could I build in CC Processing to the Module?

Nov 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Everything is possible...