Parts_Contents_Publish [empty]

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting, Writing themes
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Ive added the HTML widget with some text into Tripel Second Zone.

I added my custom widget with text below the HTML widget also in Tripel Second Zone.

My Widget text shows up but the HTML text does not. 

I used the Shape Tracer tool and I am being shown this comment when I select the HTML Widget Shape with Shape Tracer:

~/Core/Contents/Views/Parts.Contents.Publish.cshtml

content not available as coming from source code.

I tried to find the HTML Widget in the Modules folder, to see if I could override whatever styling it may have. But I don't even see the HTML widget any where in my Orchard install.

Anyone run into this before?

Oceantrain

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM

It's the body part that you're looking for. I think.

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM

When selecting:

{ ~/Core/Common/Views/Parts.Common.Body.cshtml } in the Shape tracer the result I'm givien is

@Model.HTML

The Body part of the HTML widget? I don't understand your comment. Please elaborate.

Why is the HTML Widget body being hidden while my other widget's body and fields display fine? 

is the : ~/Core/Contents/Views/Parts.Contents.Publish.cshtml

suppose to be empty??

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:54 PM

The Html Widget has a BodyPart, this is what is used to store the HTML body for the widget. If it's showing in the Shape Tracer then it's not hidden. Either the HTML is empty for some reason or ... in another thread you said you used this CSS:

.metadata .published { display: none; margin: 0 6px 0 0; }

Now what I'm wondering is if you accidentally hid the body with CSS. Can you either use Firebug or just look at the page source and see if it's actually there but hidden?

Coordinator
Nov 15, 2011 at 10:57 PM

And I don't understand your question. An HtmlWidget is: a WidgetPart, a BodyPart, a CommonPart, an IdentityPart and that's it.

I don't know why your html widget body is not being shown. It shows on every single instance of Orchard I have. Maybe a change you made, maybe in your theme?

What do you expect Parts.Contents.Publish should contain? What does it have to do with HtmlWidget?

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Thanks Pete. I made that change to the CSS. to only target the metadata. Except,  the HTML widget body still does not get displayed. However, when I log out of Orchard and see my home page, everything is displayed as should be. 

Something having to do with being logged in that the HTML is not being rendered.

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:37 PM

What layer do you have the widget attached to? Maybe you have it on an "Unauthenticated" layer and therefore it only shows when you're logged out...

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Every widget is on TheHomePage Layer. As that is the only page I am working on.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Ok, I don't really understand what's going on :)

Can you just try switching your theme back to TheThemeMachine and see if you have the problem? That will at least confirm if it's a problem with your theme.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:29 AM

It's my theme. I have some funky CSS tabs in the those zones.And they must be screwing it up.

Thanks though.