ftp upload module

Topics: General
Nov 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Can anyone recommend a module that enables site visitors to uploads files via ftp to a secure folder?  I'm just looking for oneway functionality so that if a user/visitor supplies the correct password they can upload the file.  Had a look in the Module gallery but couldn't spot anything.

Nov 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM

What about webdav instead ? No need for a module, just IIS configuration. Unless you need to host somewhere you can't handle those settings.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Also, IIS does FTP. Not sure what this has to do with Orchard.

Nov 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Thanks for your replies Sebastien and Bertrand.  I'm not familiar with webdav but I'll take a look at that.  I'm not sure what my options are as the site is on shared hosting with DiscountASP. 

You're right about FTP not being to do with Orchard, Bertrand, but my question was really to find out if there's an existing module that presents the user with a web form for file upload.  If not I guess I'll have go at creating one myself.

Thanks again

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:38 PM

The Media module (built in to Orchard) gives you a file upload.

I've been planning a better upload system (as part of my Media Garden module) for uploading big files with a progress bar, but I haven't worked on it yet.

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Thanks for that Pete.  I'll take a look at the Media module and see if that works although I guessing that's really for admins/content editors rather than site visitors, right?  Anyway it's a useful one to look at and I'll study it a bit more to see if I understand it correctly.

Thanks again for your help.

Nov 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Ah right, yeah it won't work for site visitors, allowing Unauthenticated access to media management would be really dangerous :)

Part of the eventual plan with Media Garden is to enable public uploads in the front-end; this is still a way off but recently I've been getting a bit closer to being able to thinking about awesome stuff like that!