Disable "Dynamic Module" Loader

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Nov 11, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Is there a simple/easy way to disable the "Dynamic Module" Loader. I am moving my modules up to winhost,.com, when is gets up there I have issues around the dynamic compilation. I would rather compile on my dev workstation and move the module up and have orchard use the compile assemblies in /bin. I has it working on 1.2 by not moving up a .csproj but 1.3 seems to behave differently.

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

What issues, and how is it behaving differently?

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Even if I remove the csproj file in my module it still tries to compile it dynamically per the dependencies.compiled.xml file and does not use the files in the bin folder...

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM

How would it even know what to compile if there is no csproj?

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Ok, you got me there... there is still something up that I haven't figured out. More directly tho, is there a way for me to rule out the dynamic loader by turning it off. There is no real reason for me to dynamically compile ever up there...

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM

One could argue reversely that there is no good reason *not* to do the dynamic compilation. What are those issues you've had?

We used to have a supported way of suspending dynamic compilation but I think we removed it since, because the last known issues with it were solved.