A sneaky peek

Topics: Announcements
Nov 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I realize I've been talking to a few people about how an amazing array of Premium Orchard themes is about to be released, but nobody has seen anything. I also realize you may like a fresh look to your Orchard powered blog? Well here is one of our Orchard blogging themes, it's in an early state and will feature some design tweaks and changes. (Notably paddings and margins) The design goal here is to remove any distractions, create a minimal image-less design that puts the focus entirely on your content. Fonts and line-heights have been carefully chosen to make reading a pleasurable experience, smaller screens and mobile devices are handled gracefully using CSS media queries. Customization will be a breeze as we use the 1140 grid system and use beautiful semantic HTML5 and CSS3. It's also accompanied with extensive documentation and support, so anything is possible. So here is a sneaky peek at Joe Blogs...

Joe Blogs Theme

(Click image to enlarge) Cool huh? We think so, lets run through some more things...

Joe Blogs Theme

(Click image to enlarge)

Joe Blogs Theme

(Click image to enlarge)

Here is some basic typography, just like reading a book!

Joe Blogs Theme

Images are styled using CSS3 to create a cool shadow effect.

Joe Blogs Theme

Mobile devices are viewing your blog, so give them a pleasant experience. This uses the same theme which dynamically alters its layout based on the screen size of the viewers device.

Joe Blogs Theme

So there is a quick preview, please take the time to leave any comments, it'll highly appreciated. We value you opinion and we'll take any suggestions into consideration.

Thanks for taking the time so read this, and help spread the word to your fellow Orchard friends by tweeting @orchardprime,
Ryan

Coordinator
Nov 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Maybe you could publish a blog with that design, even in beta, could be nice to play with it.

Though it's really nice, well done !

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM

@sebastienros Thanks!

Well we aim to be releasing all of our themes very shortly as developer previews, that is without our framework. (Which is an options panel and visual editor for layouts) There will be live previews on all of the themes and some discounts for our first customers, this theme will have the highest discount. (Coupon code will be redeemable via Show Orchard) The themes will have upgrades and support for life, so if you buy a theme in the developer preview stage, you'll have an easy upgrade path to 1.x releases. As a side note, developer preview in the context of these themes means that they are only suitable for people with knowledge of Orchard, HTML and CSS. It doesn't mean they are buggy or not suitable for live sites.

I'll be using this theme on my blog, the only question is if the content is worth reading! ;)