Basic styling in Orchard CMS

Topics: General
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Edited Oct 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I want to allow admin users of my CMS-driven sites change basic css properties, add a logo and change pre-determined text items without having any knowledge of HTML or CSS.

I may have missed something but I can't see an easy way of doing this in Orchard without creating custom themes.

The Orchard system will be multi-tenant, by sub-domain.

My architecture consists of a brochure-style website which i'm happy to allow full control to the user through Orchard and a transactional mvc 3 website which i'm implementing as an Orchard Module. The user has much less control over the transactional website, but i would like them to be able to choose the background-colour, font attributes a logo and some text.

Does anyone know if this approach is supported by Orchard and if so, some examples would be nice!

I guess ideally i'd like for the admin user to set up the css values of the transactional site in the Orchard admin using colour-pickers for example. If i could then pull these values out of the Orchard DB with Razor like this css example:

background-color: @Html.GetCMSValue("backgroundCssColour")

Oct 27, 2011 at 4:28 PM

There is the Super Classic Theme on the gallery which uses this technique. It let's you switch the background color and the font. It's for technical demonstration purpose as any theme might want different elements to be customized. Feel free to copy paste the whole and change it as you need.

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:23 AM

thanks Sébastien - just what i was looking for :)