How to Disable Feature MANUALLY?

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Oct 23, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I have installed and enabled Lucene, however my site is since throwing an exception. Before looking into the exception any further, I would like to disable Lucene (get my site up and running again), however even the command line app is not running because of the above mentioned exception.

Is there a way to manually disable a feature?

Cheers,

Alex

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Go inside the module's folder, and rename the Module.txt file to _Module.txt for instance.

By the way I'd really appreciate you open a bug if you found one on Lucene, including you current Orchard version.

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Well, it's likely that this is due to a mismatch between the Orchard version and the Lucene module's version.

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Thanks for the prompt response sebastienros, I'll try that.

As per bertrandleroy response, I too believe that it is a version mismatch issue, so I don't think that it is a bug as such. Having said that, I'm surprised that there isn't validation at module install/enablement time to check Orchard's version for compatibility... should I open a bug with Lucene once I confirmed that it is a version mismatch issue?

Cheers,

Alex

Oct 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM

Thanks sebastienros, that method worked wonders!

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2011 at 6:44 AM

No, it's a general problem that we have and that we haven't had time to fix yet, but we have our eyes on it.