enable user registration

Topics: Administration, Troubleshooting
Oct 15, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Hi:

I have just set up a local Orchard site. I've set up an admin user, and added a second user. How do I now go about allowing users to register themselves, I carn't seem to fgind this in the user settings.

Any help apreciated.

Sean

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM
It's in settings/users

Sent from my TI-99/4A

Sent: 10/15/2011 9:03 AM
To: Bertrand Le Roy
Subject: enable user registration [orchard:276008]

Hi:

I have just set up a local Orchard site. I've set up an admin user, and added a second user. How do I now go about allowing users to register themselves, I carn't seem to fgind this in the user settings.

Any help apreciated.

Sean

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Hi:

The only thing I see in users is the ability to add/edit/delete existing users, is this possible from the command line?

Also if I click settings I get to the general settings and carn't see a users link.

I've tested this with ie 8, and firefox 7. This may be because I use assistive technology, I doubt it, as everything else seems to rendour fine! 

Cheers

Sean

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Not users. Settings/users. You can click the little arrow next to settings if you don't see it at first.

Yes, you can create users from the command-line.

Oct 16, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Hi:

The arrow is not visible to screen readers, as a last resort, what do I need to alter in the sql database? Can we have a link with text please?

Cheers

sEan.

Sent: 16 October 2011 08:38
To: Sean Farrow
Subject: Re: enable user registration [orchard:276008]

Not users. Settings/users. You can click the little arrow next to settings if you don't see it at first.

Yes, you can create users from the command-line.

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM

That's a bug. Please file it in the issue tracker. A workaround is to access the page directly through the path /Admin/Settings/Users