Search Results list alternates simply not loading

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General, Writing themes
Oct 11, 2011 at 4:06 PM

So we have multiple page types being searched and returned in one big list... I have alternates for things like Content-Page, but no matter what I do, I *cannot* get the Search list content items to pick up any of those alternates. Even Content-Page-url-search.Summary just won't work. Is this a known issue, or is Orchard just acting up for me?

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM

If it's a search page result, then your alternate must contain Summary somewhere inside. You'd better use the Shape Tracing feature which will create it for you in seconds.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I have, multiple times. As per my previous post, I've done exactly that, and it still won't work.

Sorry, I worded that post poorly... I already have an alt for Content-Page, and that's what the search results page is using. It isn't picking up Content-Page-url-search.Summary, despite the alt being there.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Edited Oct 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM

But did you confirm you got the name right by looking in shape tracing?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:20 PM

I generate all my alternates from the shape tracer.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:29 PM

OK, just checking. Can you send me a repro (bleroy at microsoft) and I'll take a look?

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Turns out it was reading from the alts; the shape tracer just wasn't noticing it. I guess after so many alternates, it starts to choke...

Oct 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Oh, well, that sounds like a bug as well. Still interested in a repro.