need help with hosting for orchard

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Sep 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM

I want to start a website based on orchard, can anyone tell me if this is good hosting server for orchard.

This is wat i am looking at:

Need advice.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I've never used them personally, but they seem to have everything you need to run Orchard. and they run full trust, which is always nicer.

Sep 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM

thank you

Sep 29, 2011 at 7:59 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2011 at 8:01 AM

We are currently using their services, but they have some problems and I don't know if they already fix them. Three weeks ago when I was trying to configure my web space to run Orchard it took me several hours because the software that they are using to manage your settings (WebsitePanel) was slow and unresponsive and everytime I changed a setting there was an error that made my web page unavailable for a couple of minutes. Luckily we are still in development stage so we will give them some time to fix things, I think they are waiting for a WebsitePanel patch. You can also read their discussion board:'m-getting-a-bad-feeling-about-arvixe/

Sep 29, 2011 at 9:16 AM

DiscountASP are pretty good as a general host (I've been using them for a couple of years now) and I'm planning to use them for a couple of Orchard projects as well. 

They have plenty of help around the subject too:

Best regards