How to remove "Powered by Orchard ?

Topics: General
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM

How to remove "Powered by Orchard ? Is there any fee or anyone can remove it from the footer ? Is there any copyright issue related to it ?

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 6:26 PM

I think it's in badgeofhonor.cshtml. No fee or anything like that: it's open source.

Developer
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I was also thinking about removing the badge for commercial sites. But for commercial purpose this should be bound to some fee I think (maybe Wordpress uses the same approach), maybe a donation of n<=, where n is chosen by the community.

Also I would advise that although the license permits it(?), not to remove the badge, or mention the Orchard project somewhere else on the site.

Anyway, the generator meta tag gives away an Orchard installation :-).

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Well, what we need is not donations to be honest, it's more code, docs, translations, themes, modules, etc. But in any case, the answer to the original question is that you are free to do anything you want. (and yes, we always appreciate contributions but they are not tied to this).

Developer
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM

A little off: what about having some contest to document API? The lack of inline documentation makes it really hard to learn.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Sure, feel free to start it, and I'll advertise it around.

Developer
Sep 27, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Hmm, I will think of it then :-).