Lux It Redirect module problems!

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 25, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Edited Sep 25, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Hey Chaps,

Does anyone know the email of the guy who owns the Lux It Redirect module? Good idea for a module but I cant get it to work...

Performing a query on a NText column...

return _repository.Get(r => r.Alias == alias);

Column setup...

.Column<string>("Alias", column => column.NotNull().Unlimited().WithDefault(""))

hense causing

The ntext and image data types cannot be used in WHERE, HAVING, GROUP BY, ON, or IN clauses, except when these data types are used with the LIKE or IS NULL predicates.

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Want to check Rewrite Url Module maybe ?

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I had a quick look at that module, and that dicatates a list of rules right? I have more like.. Link A should redirect to link B  - There doesnt appear to be any kind of pattern which is required for your Redirect module right? Or am I completely wrong?

Sep 25, 2011 at 5:58 PM

maybe i am wrong!!

C+P from

Redirect to a Different URL using .htaccess

You can use .htaccess to redirect users to a different URL. The .htaccess looks for any request for a specific page and if it finds that request, it forwards it to a new page you have specified.

The syntax is:

redirect accessed-file URL-to-go-to

There are 3 parts;

(1) the Redirect command,
(2) the location of the file/directory you want redirected, and
(3) the full URL of the location you want that request sent to.

These parts are separated by a single space and should be on one line.

For example, if you want to redirect users from oldfile.html in the www directory of your account, myaccount, to newpage.html, the syntax should be

redirect /~myaccount/oldfile.html

Anyone going to will end up on

You must use a full URL even if you're going to send the users to another page on your own site.

You can also redirect an entire directory:

redirect /~myaccount/old_dir/
Sep 25, 2011 at 6:07 PM

So how can I migrate stuff in to this module?

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I also cant simulate... does it only work with urls in the system?

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:45 PM

It works with everythin that hits your orchard install. You should read the link which is below the rules set text area. It handles all Redirect and Rewrite syntax which is listed in this doc.