Orchard Internals - new article series

Topics: Announcements, General
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that I've started writing a series of articles which are a bit more code and internals focused about Orchard. We're doing a lot of Orchard work now and I felt like it would be helpful for me and my teams to really have a deep understanding of the Orchard code base - we're looking to really push it and grow it. So - I started writing a series of articles (amongst other things, but those are harder to share). I'm sticking them up on my blog, I'm basically just writing them in public. I hope that maybe they'll be of interest/use to people as I go - I'll be trying to explain some of the higher level Orchard concepts through a low level examination of the code.

Anyway, the intro blog post probably gives a good enough overview, there's one article up already, another 50% done (and readable to that point, although you might want to hold off) and hopefully plenty more on the way. It's here: Orchard Internals

Let me know if any of you have feedback!

Andrew

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Coll, I'll feature that on the home page, but why are comments not activated on that blog?

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Hmmm, well mainly because the blog is static html at the moment - it's static files generated by Jekyll (it's currently running on Github Pages, after I got bored with years of running servers for personal use). I'll have a quick fiddle around with adding something like Disqus or something to give people some options to comment in situ.

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM

OK. I also couldn't find the RSS. I'd like to follow this and feature future articles without your having to necessarily notify me.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Ah, I was relying on Atom auto-discovery for that, unwisely it seems - client support for that is rubbish anyway. There's an Atom feed at http://xyncro.com/atom.xml, and I've added a Feed link in the sidebar for others. I did only flip the DNS over a few hours ago, so there may be a few bugs to squash even with such a simple system.

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Thanks. First two Orchard articles are on the home page.

Sep 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM
Edited Sep 1, 2011 at 11:50 PM

EDIT: Ignore what I just said, I've just looked and you're spot on - ignore me :)

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Sure, let me know when it's done.

Sep 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Right, I'm happy enough that the second post is done for now - I do come back and tweak/edit them over time, but it should be roughly useful for people now. On to the next one!