A call for forum participation

Topics: Announcements
Aug 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Hi there,

As you may or may not have noticed, I answer a *$%#load of questions every day on these forums. Unfortunately, in a few days, you'll have to do without me, for a couple of weeks. The good news is that nobody is indispensable, and also that I will be back eventually. Everything is going to be all right. That is, if a few of you good community members step up (as some already have, but we need more).

Here's what we all need from you:

1. Subscribe to the discussions and accept a fair increase in the volume of e-mail you get. Set-up filters, do whatever you have to do to keep it manageable.
  2. Allocate a slot of time (every day, every week, whatever you can afford) to looking at those e-mails and processing what you can. You don't have to look at all of them.
  3. If you see a question for which you have an answer, please answer.
  4. If you see a question that you remember has been posted before, search for it and post a link.
  5. If you see a question that doesn't have an answer yet, and for which you don't know the answer, research it. The wonderful thing is that you will likely learn something new.

And when I'm back, well, you don't have to stop doing all that :)