type or namespace contrib could not be found

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 6, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Whenever I run my orchard project from VS2010 it fails and says type or namespace contrib could not be found (this is for the keepalive module). This used to work fine. If I take out the entire containing folder of this module, I get the same problem but with another random module (yes, I tested).

Why does this happen and how can I fix it?

Aug 6, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Does it build from VS?

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Nope, fails with the same message/error.

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:59 AM

You are using the full source code, right?

Aug 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Well, I opened the website in VS2010 (installed Orchard via web pi). I didn't get the source from here.

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM

That's why. If you want to be able to compile from visual studio, you need the full source code.

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:44 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Ok, I downloaded the src and opened the .sln (inside src folder). Is this really the way to go to be able to edit the project from VS2010? I will always need to edit the project from VS2010 as this is how I will make new designs with css etc. Is there not a less complex way?

This solution has like 50 projects, isn't this overkill just for me to do some minor changes? Alternatively, is there a way for me to create new themes and css without VS2010?

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

You can create themes and modules without VS, yes, but if you are using VS, the full source is the friendliest environment. If you do not want to use the full source code, just remember to never attempt to build from VS and instead let the application do its dynamic compilation thing. VS then acts as a glorified text editor, but you won't get much IntelliSense, you won't be able to debug most of the code, etc.

Aug 14, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I get you, I made my own theme outside of vs2010, I didn't really think earlier.

Quick question, while I am here: I want to add a background image to the theme, so that will be in the body tag. The image is in an images folder under the theme on the server. What url would I use to point to the file?

Also, how do I get rid of the site name text (where it says Orchard etc)?

Aug 14, 2011 at 5:05 PM

To add a background image, just tweek the css, not the layout.

And to remove the site name, you can use placement.info (see the documentation for that). By using the Shape Tracing module it should be easy for you to figure what shape has to be hidden.

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I am tweaking the css as opposed to the layout.The background-image property will need a url to the image on the server (http:// ...). I need to know what this will be? The image is in Themes/MyTheme/Images/bg.jpg

Aug 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM

relative urls are css based, so it should be something like ../images/bg.jpg